Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm copying my friends,,,

So Aubrey and Abby have inspired me to start my own crafting blog so that my crafts will be in detail here and not on my family blog! I called this blog Darcy's Outlet because with all the craziness in my life with the soon to be four under four the only thing I really do for me is my sewing and crafting. Not sure if I can really say it is for me because in all reality so far all my projects have been for my kids but I truly enjoy doing it!!!!! I am going to try and be better at documenting the things I am working on and my super long to make/do list!

Currently I have finished three of the four quilt tops for the kids bedrooms. I have Allissa's sheet cut out I just need to sew it. I drafted the design for the bumper pads and got the measurements for it calculated last night.

My to make list...

1. Finish Carleighs quilt top and then bind all four of the kids quilts.
2. Bumper pads
3. Fabric cover the light switches
4. Fabric cover the girls lamp shade
5. Diaper stack
6. Make the boys sheets
7. Make Carleigh's sheet
8. Make Carleigh a ton of bows for when she arrives!!!!
9. Sew Allissa a cute dress to wear to my nephews baptism this Sunday.
10. Make a cute nursing cover for me (not that I need one I'm a pro!!!)

I will stop at those 10 things because really the list could go on FOREVER!!!!!! I look forward to crossing things off the list in the next few weeks. Only about 6 weeks until Carleigh Jane arrives so I have A TON to accomplish before then not to mention the 66 bows I need to make for a customer and the house that never seems to stay clean for more then a day!!!

Tomorrow I will try to take pictures of all the things I have finished and what I am working on now!

opps must add one more thing to the list

11. Finish the car seat covers that I made for my infant carriers. (I'm so excited with how it is turning out!

4 comments:

  1. You are so crafty!! I'm looking forward getting some ideas:) PS...where do you get your patterns and fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my patterns from a few places on is a website called youcanmakethis.com, and the other two that I use are Patty Young Patterns and Sandi Henderson patterns. You can google them or buy them on etsy.com. I get most of my fabric from a yahoo group that I belong to. If you would like to join let me know and I will get your info and have them invite you to the group. One lady buys the fabric and stuff by the bolt and then cuts it and mails it out to all the different people. If you want the fabric fast then I would by on etsy.com so great fabric is michael miller, sandi henderson, patty young, and timeless treasures.

    ReplyDelete