Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Carseat cover

After many months of being distracted from this project I have finally finished the first of two carseat covers! I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. It is not perfect by any means but for the first one it works! Back in April I was trying to find a carseat cover tutorial online but I was unable to find one so I had to fend for myself. What I ended up doing was taking apart my existing carseat cover and my mother in law and I drafted a pattern from it. I then used my pattern pieces to create this cover. The original cover that I took apart I ended up sewing cute fabric on the back side of the original pieces and then sewed them together to create another one. After three kids and a lot of conveyor belts at the airport my original cover looked pretty nasty.


Now all I have to do is figure out how to make the visor cover and it will really be complete! The visor is what really makes the carseat look adorable. I hope I can figure it out. Wish me luck I am going to need it!
disclaimer (I know that this new cover voids the carseat companies safety inspection but so does wearing a coat in the carseat and bundle me so I'm not to worried about it)

2 comments:

  1. Hey i love that you now have a craft blog you are so talented I'm loving everything you make :)

    ReplyDelete